Monday, October 23, 2006

Menu Plan Monday!



Morning ladies, it's monday and you know that means it's time to take out our menus and then go share them over at Laura's Blog.

Even if you don't have a menu to share, I encourage you to go over and take a look at all the wonderful meals being made across blogland, who knows, you might be inspired to use one of the meals for your own menus this week.

As always, I will share the recipes on the same day that I'm making them.





BEEF AND ONIONS

12 oz. lean ground beef
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
1/2 tsp. bottled mince garlic
1 12-oz. jar beef gravy
2/3 cup dairy sour cream
1 TBSP. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. snipped fresh thyme or sage or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme or sage, crushed
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups hot cooked rice or noodles
2 TBPS. snipped fresh parsley

In a large skillet cook ground meat, mushrooms, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.

In a medium bowl stir together beef gravy, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper. Stir sour cream mixture into meat mixture. Cook and stir until heated through.

Serve the meat mixture over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with parsley.

Yield: 4 servings

10 comments:

  1. This LOOKS delicious! I'm copying this...thanks!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ravioli lasagna sounds interesting! Great menu there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the recipe - I'm printing it off now! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gumbo sounds nice. It's been a long time since I've cooked that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy week!!! Love the new chart and I am saving the recipe to try in future. Thanks for sharing with us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for warning me about my link not working. The recipe for the curry is linked. If you click on the text where it names it, that is a link. I have it on RecipeZaar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that you were having tuna salad. This is one of my favorite lunch items. Do you add vegetables to yours? Fresh peas are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, with your hubby back, you are going to be cooking up a storm Sandra!!! It all sounds divine and you're killing me with the fettucine and lasagna. Not to mention the chicken and dumplings, those are all some of my most favorite of foods :)

    I'm going to try your chicken and mushroom stew this week, that you posted on the slow cooker meme. Can't wait! I bought a big package of portobellas, which I love :)

    Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Beef & onion sounds good. I also like the Apple cider Chicken. I am going to try both of these.

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm!!! I'm going to have to come back for that chicken and sausage gumbo!

    ReplyDelete