Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mustard Herb Chicken Breasts!

Ok a new week of menus with new recipes to try.

This first one is taken from the Taste of Home Potlucks & Barbecues and is perfect for the grill, although in my case, I skipped that part and did it in two steps, first by browning it nicely in the skillet and then popping it in the oven until done.



1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup Dijon-mayonnaise blend
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.


Grill chicken, covered over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.

NOTE: I followed the recipe but fried the breasts in the skillet until nice and brown


and then transferred them to an ovenproof dish. I baked them at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes until they were done.


I served mine with some curried's just plain butter rice with a teaspoon or two of curry powder. Gives it that extra kick. Enjoy!



  1. that sounds super yummy! the dijon mayo blend, is that some dijon mustard mixed with mayo to equal 1/4 cup?

  2. I have a little bloggy bling over at my page for you "One Lovely Blog award" Please stop by and take a look!

  3. I love taste of home cooking magazine and web-site ... EVERY recipe I've tried has been wonderful. I'll try this one to, thanks for sharing.

  4. Hi!!!
    I was looking for your email, but didn't see it-so I am leaving a comment here. I just prepped, and got everything in my slow cooker to make the Chicken curry...It is 10:40 a. here, and it smelled so amazing...I am SO not the cook around here, so this was a big deal for me, but I love the ingredients, and HAD to make it...we'll see how it went...