Friday, April 30, 2010

{ Mushroom Swiss Burgers }

It's Friday night and the kids and I were in the mood for some burgers, but instead of going out and spending money, I threw these together.

They're so good and there's really no difference between these and a Mushroom Swiss Burger you may find at a take out place.

Enjoy!


2010_04300007

Mushroom Swiss Burgers

1 1/2 pound ground beef
bacon bits
salt
garlic powder
pepper
white wine
swiss cheese slices
sliced mushrooms
2 T. butter
2 t. Worcestershire sauce

In a bowl, mix together, ground beef, bacon bits, salt, garlic powder, pepper and a little bit of white wine (just enough to bind the ingredients, don't make it soggy).

Shape into 6 burger patties and either grill, or fry on the stovetop in a non stick skillet.

2010_04300003

Cover with lid and cook for about 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese and cook just until it begins to melt.

Saute mushrooms in butter, pepper and Worcestershire Sauce. Cook for a minute or two until they start to brown. Remove from heat.

2010_04300002

I like to slather on some mayonnaise on my buns *snort* before putting the burger and topping with the sauteed mushrooms.

2010_04300005

Yum!

2010_04300006

7 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! How delicious is this! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burgers rock. Really, the pictures are mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double yum Sandra!! Those look scrumptious! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delish!!!! Definately going on my menu sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YUM!!!! Mushroom Swiss burgers are my favorite. I could never get the taste quite right though--I will definitely try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmm, these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your recipe from a google search. My husband loved them! He said that it was the best burger he had eaten at home. thanks!

    ReplyDelete