Monday, September 20, 2010

Irish Potato Salad

I love potato salad, matter of fact, I could live off of it.

I don't like store bought that much, I will eat it, but I won't go out of my way to have it, I just prefer a good ol' homemade yummy salad.

Here's a different version for a creamier potato salad that has bacon in it too. Who can go wrong with bacon?


2010_09200007

Irish Potato Salad

* 6 white potatoes
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
* salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
Place peeled and sliced potatoes in a large pot and boil for 20 minutes, or until tender. While potatoes are boiling, cook bacon until crisp. Allow to cool slightly before crumbling.

2010_09200008

When potatoes are cooked, drain and let sit for 5-10 minutes to cool. Once cooled, add in mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, green onion, bacon, salt, and pepper.

2010_09200009

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm with you. It's a meal all by itself. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good love your blog. Everything looks so yummy
    Check out my new food blog at http://thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many tasty things going on here today Sandra! I am loving them all and I am really loving your newest look. This is my favourite so far! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, Your recent recipe posts are some I absolutely MUST try!!!
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple, creamy and just plain ol' good! Now what do I make tomorrow to go with???

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the bacon added! The pictures are wonderful, thanks!

    ReplyDelete