Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Zucchini Melts

My family and I love Zucchini and when they're in season, I always have a ton in the fridge.

Whether I'm throwing them into stews, or mixed veggies, fried zucchini or even zucchini bread, chances are there is always some sort of dish involving this yummy vegetable.

Here's a super quick and easy way to prepare a simple side dish that everyone will love, I mean if it's got cheese, you know they'll be a hit.


2010_09080008

Zucchini Melts
Adapted from Real Mom Kitchen

2-3 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
Season salt
Mozzarella cheese

Slice the zucchini into rings and place in a 9x13 glass baking dish, or on a cookie sheet.

Sprinkle the zucchini slices with season salt.

2010_09080002

Roast the zucchini in the oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until zucchini becomes crisp/tender. Then, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Return the pan to the oven and broil until the cheese is browned. (my kids don't like the cheese browned, they like it just as it melts, so that's what I do with mine)

2010_09080009

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this recipe! So simple and what a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies :) Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try this. I'll have to make sure it's a weekend when my child will be home from college she loves zucchini. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't these amazing!?! I tried them too -- they were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete