Thursday, September 23, 2010

Veggie Biscuits!

2010_09230015

I am all for easy, quick but delicious snacks and if I can find a way of incorporating healthy eating into it, then all the better.

This afternoon while trying to find something to eat for lunch, I was craving vegetables but not just plain ol veggies, I wanted something different.

2010_09230010

While searching through the refrigerator I found a can of refrigerated biscuits, those 8 count large biscuits, and then it hit me, why not make some Veggie Biscuits?

Don't crinkle your nose, I know it may sound a little weird but stick with me here, I promise you'll enjoy and if your kids love biscuits AND veggies, this is a great way of whipping up a nutritious healthy snack.

2010_09230013

Veggie Biscuits

1 can of large refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
4 oz of cream cheese (half a box), softened
Ranch dressing
shredded cheese (I used the colby jack, but you can use whichever you like) 
Finely chopped onion, green pepper (this is what I had on hand, but go ahead and add broccoli, tomato, cauliflower, carrots etc, whatever you have)

2010_09230002

Bake the biscuits according to the package directions.    Let them cool completely and then slice in half.

2010_09230003

In a medium bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and add ranch dressing to your liking.  I didn't use too much but just enough to make it tasty without overpowering the cream cheese.

Spread about a teaspoonful of the mixture on every biscuit half, top with the chopped veggies and the cheese.  Pop in the refrigerator until ready to eat.

Enjoy!!!

2010_09230006

No comments:

Post a Comment