Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Twice Baked Potato Casserole

I love potatoes, no really, I LOVEEEEEEEEE potatoes, there is just nothing better on earth, as far as I'm concerned.....well maybe chocolate, and wine, but of the tuber kind, yep, it's potatoes all the way.

2010_09060005

Now imagine having mashed potatoes but throwing in bacon and cheese and green onions....Ooohhhh.

I first saw this recipe over at "Cooking During Stolen Moments"...I love that blog, I've made quite a few of her recipes and they're always delicious, and simple, which I really like.


2010_09060003

Twice-Baked Potato Casserole

* 2 lbs. potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
* 4 oz. cream cheese
* 1 c. sour cream or 1/2 c. sour cream and 1/2 c. Ranch dressing
* 4-5 slices chopped bacon, cooked
* 2 c. cheese
* 2 t. salt
* 1 t. black pepper
* 1 t. garlic powder
* 2 green onions, thinly sliced

1. Boil potatoes until fork-tender. Drain and return to pot. Slightly mash potatoes before adding any other ingredients.

2. Add cream cheese, sour cream (or sour cream and ranch), bacon, 1 c. cheese, green onions and the seasonings to the potatoes. Stir until well combined.

3. Transfer the potato mixture to a small casserole dish. Cover with remaining cheese. Refrigerate or bake immediately at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

2010_09060006

2 comments:

  1. Yummm! My mother has a similiar recipe. Sooooo good and major comfort food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SOOO good. I love stuffed potatoes and making this as a casserole would even be easier. I will definitely be trying this soon.

    ReplyDelete