Twice Baked Potato Casserole
I love potatoes, no really, I LOVEEEEEEEEE potatoes, there is just nothing better on earth, as far as I'm concerned.....well maybe chocolate, and wine, but of the tuber kind, yep, it's potatoes all the way.
Now imagine having mashed potatoes but throwing in bacon and cheese and green onions....Ooohhhh.
I first saw this recipe over at "Cooking During Stolen Moments"...I love that blog, I've made quite a few of her recipes and they're always delicious, and simple, which I really like.
Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
* 2 lbs. potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
* 4 oz. cream cheese
* 1 c. sour cream or 1/2 c. sour cream and 1/2 c. Ranch dressing
* 4-5 slices chopped bacon, cooked
* 2 c. cheese
* 2 t. salt
* 1 t. black pepper
* 1 t. garlic powder
* 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Boil potatoes until fork-tender. Drain and return to pot. Slightly mash potatoes before adding any other ingredients.
2. Add cream cheese, sour cream (or sour cream and ranch), bacon, 1 c. cheese, green onions and the seasonings to the potatoes. Stir until well combined.
3. Transfer the potato mixture to a small casserole dish. Cover with remaining cheese. Refrigerate or bake immediately at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.