Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

Forget any other burger you may think is good, you haven't tasted anything until you've had one of these and no I'm not just saying that.

Juicy, tender, filled with cheese and herbs, it's enough to make you drool, and I did, I must have said "mmmmm and aaahhhh a dozen times in between bites as the filling dripped down my chin.  YUMMY!

I got this recipe from my new Taste of Home 2011 Cookbook filled with amazing recipes which I'll be trying this week too.

Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

Herb and Cheese Stuffed Burgers


1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
2 green onions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
4 hard rolls, split
Lettuce leaves and tomato

In a small bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon mustard; set aside. In another bowl, combine the onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, salt, rosemary, sage and remaining mustard.

Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin patties. Spoon cheese mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.

Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.

Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.

Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

8 comments:

  1. OMG my husband is gonna think he died & went to HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my husband wants YOU for a wife! I give him vegetarian meals with beans and then you go show him this! You win in his book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look absolutely fantastically gorgeously delicious Sandra!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra,
    These burgers look so good! I can see you love to cook. Have your tried cooking with your children? It has been proving that kids that cook are more likely to try new food and are more aware of the nutrients they are eating.

    That is why I work at the Monday Campaigns, a not for porfit organization that leads many health initiatives. My favorite health initiative is The Kids Cook Mondays which encourages parents to cook with their children every Monday. Children that eat with their families regularly perform better at school and develop great oral skills. Feel free to visit our website to learn more! http://www.healthymonday.org/the-kids-cook-monday/

    We would love if you would like to try and cook with your kids on Mondays and post about it. Please email me if you are interested at thekidscookmonday@gmail.com.

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks SOOOO delicious! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, goodness! Cheese! Now I feel like a cheese addict/zombie. LOL I love everything with cheese...

    http://happyhealthpad.com"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making these right now!! They look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these look great! It's raining here today so we may try them on our griddle.

    ReplyDelete