After looking at the picture and reading through the recipe, I just knew that this would one be a hit in my house....and it was.
It is SO good, it's a cross between a taco and a burrito, it's creamy, it's filling, it's delicious.
Credit: Taste of Home Cookbook 2011
* 1/4 cup butter, cubed
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 4 cups water
* 3 tablespoons chili powder
* 1 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 pound bulk pork sausage
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup refried beans
* 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
* 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and sour cream
* In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in chili powder and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
* In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in refried beans; heat through.
* Spread 1/4 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla; place 2/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
* Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with optional toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.