Tuesday, November 09, 2010

One Skillet Pasta

Can you ever have enough pasta recipes?  Because I'm of the belief that you can't, it's the one versatile dish that gives you endless options and you can bet that you pretty much always have the basic staples in your pantry.

2010_11080008

This is another recipe from my new Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, I can't say good enough things about Taste of Home and I can tell you that I don't think I've ever tried a recipe that I didn't like. 

Next time you're serving pasta to your family, try this version.  My children intensely dislike tomatoes and usually pick them out of their food, but not this time, I was surprised to see my little one actually eating the tomatoes on their own.


2010_11080005

One-Skillet Pasta
Credit:  Taste of Home


* 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
* 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Progresso ® Beef Broth
* 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
* 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

* In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
* Add the tomatoes, broth, mushrooms, brown sugar and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

2010_11080001

Add pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.

2010_11080007

NOTES:  I left out the mushrooms and I also used just plain spaghetti instead of the angel hair pasta.  

1 comment:

  1. When we were newlyweds, living on military pay, I fixed lots of pasta dishes. :-)

    This recipe looks yummy.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete