This is another recipe from my new Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, I can't say good enough things about Taste of Home and I can tell you that I don't think I've ever tried a recipe that I didn't like.
Next time you're serving pasta to your family, try this version. My children intensely dislike tomatoes and usually pick them out of their food, but not this time, I was surprised to see my little one actually eating the tomatoes on their own.
Credit: Taste of Home
* 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
* 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Progresso ® Beef Broth
* 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
* 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
* In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
* Add the tomatoes, broth, mushrooms, brown sugar and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Add pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
NOTES: I left out the mushrooms and I also used just plain spaghetti instead of the angel hair pasta.