Friday, November 12, 2010

Pasta Salad

One of my favorite side dishes is pasta salad and truly there are so many ways to serve it.

I have tried a lot of recipes and different versions to the plain ol' pasta salad.  This one is so good too, I actually found it over at Rosie's Ramblings blog, which I adore.  Go on over and visit her when you get a chance, she has amazing photos.

2010_11120041


::Pasta Salad::
Credit:  Rosie's Ramblings

Cook 1 lb. pasta, elbow or rotini
1 can pinto beans
2 cans black olives (I only used 1)
1 head of broccoli steamed
1 onion finely chopped  (I used onion flakes instead)
chopped cheddar cheese ( about half a block ) (I substituted parmesan cheese for the cheddar)

Mix all together well.


Blend:
Half a cup olive oil
1 T mustard
1 lemon juiced
1/2 t oregano
1 T apple cider vinegar

2010_11120035


Pour over pasta and mix gently.

2010_11120037

  Serve chilled.


Notes:  I only added in one can of olives didn't want it to become overwhelming.  I also used Parmesan Cheese instead of Cheddar and I added in salt, pepper and garlic powder.

2010_11120043

2 comments:

  1. I would think that this would work better with Parmesan cheese instead of cheddar anyway. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fabulous Sandra!! Bookmarking this one!

    ReplyDelete