Monday, January 19, 2009

Slow Cooker Hearty Split Pea Soup!

I got this recipe from my big Taste of Home Slow Cooker Cookbook a long time ago, now I just make it off the top of my head.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

HEARTY SPLIT PEA SOUP

1 16 oz bag of dried split peas
1 lb diced ham
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
2 bay leaves
garlic powder
5 cups of boiling water
1 cup of milk

In a slow cooker, add the dried split peas

Photobucket

the diced ham

Photobucket

the carrots and onions

Photobucket

the spices

Photobucket

and the water

Photobucket

Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours. Stir in milk and discard bay leaves before serving.

3 comments:

  1. ohh marking and making next weekend. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy...and I have a honey baked ham in the freezer...looks like I know where leftovers are going.. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what soup I'm making this week!

    ReplyDelete