Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Lemon Zucchini Cookies

Lemon Zucchini Cookies are the perfect summer cookie. They are not only delicious but also a great way to use up the zucchini in your fridge.

_MG_5595

Lemon Zucchini Cookies

I will start by saying that I am not a cookie fan.  My husband loves cookies, my daughter loves cookies, my son is so so, but me?  Could live without them, just don't much care for cookies.

But, with that said, I will tell you that these are some of the best cookies I have ever eaten in my life.  No joke!!!

I'm not just saying it because I want you to make them for yourself, I'm saying it because it's what I feel.

When I first came across this recipe, I was looking for something to make using the zucchini I had in the fridge, that was starting to go bad.  I saw these cookies and thought they sounded interesting, though wasn't quite sure if the combination of lemon and zucchini was something I would enjoy or my cookie loving family would.

Goodness, I wish I had found them earlier.  They are phenomenal!

I doubled the recipe so that I could share with family.

Other cookie recipes you may enjoy

Iced Pumpkin Cookies
Cherry Pie Cookies
Walnut Crescent Cookies
Cocoa, Peanut butter and Nutella cookies
Chocolate Crinkles
Biscoitos ( Portuguese Cookies)

_MG_5599
Lemon Zucchini Cookies
Source:  Taste of Home


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 cup finely shredded zucchini
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

LEMON GLAZE:
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice



In a large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, zucchini and lemon zest. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and walnuts.

Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.

For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to reach a thin spreading consistency. Spread or drizzle over cooled cookies.

_MG_5592

No comments:

Post a Comment