Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chicken Wellington!

Yum, what more can be said of chicken wrapped in flaky yummy pastry and then served with some garlic mashed potatoes...I mean really.....the skies opened up and the heavens were singing LOL


CHICKEN WELLINGTON

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves ( I actually use chicken tenders)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
2 packages (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten
1-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1-1/4 cups hot water
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white wine

Flatten chicken to 1/4 inc. (if you're using the tenders don't bother LOL). In a skillet, cook chicken in oil and1 tablespoon butter 4-5 minutes on each side until juices run clear.

Meanwhile, combine rosemary, sage, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon butter. Unroll pastry sheets; cut each into a 9-in. square (discard scraps). Place a chicken breast half on each square; spread chicken with butter mixture.
Fold pastry over chicken. Trim off excess pastry; pinch seams to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet; brush with egg. Bake at 450º for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon in hot water. In a saucepan melt remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in bouillon and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.

Yield: 4 servings.



Cook chicken in oil and1 tablespoon butter 4-5 minutes on each side until juices run clear

Meanwhile, combine rosemary, sage, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon butter.


Now what I DO, is I take the pastry and unroll it and I don't cut it into the square, of course if you want to do be all technical then follow the recipe to the letter, but I'm a rebel LOL

Anyway, I just take the pastry, open it up and cut it in half and use each half for my little pouches.

So grab one of the halves, spread the butter on first (I know I know I'm going off the recipe but just stay with me, it will work).....make sure the chicken is cooled down otherwise it will tear up the pastry.

Place about 3 tenders on the butter

Now fold in half, then fold the other way and then the other and other and other yada yada yada yada....no one is looking, just fold that sucker any way you like, as long as it's in a pouch you're good to go LOL

Place on a greased baking sheet; brush with egg. Bake at 450º for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Now go make some garlic mashed potatoes then grab a huge plate and ooohhh and aaaahhh over that yumminess.

2 comments:

  1. yummmm, I think I have everything thing at home to make this tonight! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks simple enough for me!
    I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete