Friday, April 18, 2008

Darn Yummy Pasta!

I don't know what this is called, I have no clue because I came up with it tonight and all I could think of while eating was "Darn this is yummy pasta".......AND............AND........the kids raved and raved ending in Jasmine actually requesting it for her birthday dinner next week. WOW!
Oh and they both had two servings, I would say this is a hit.

I don't have a recipe for it, so just bear/bare (uhhh, none of those look right to me at this moment LOL) with me. I'm writing all this down here so that I also remember what I used otherwise, forget it, it will completely get lost.



In a skillet with about a tablespoon of olive oil, fry up 2 diced shallots and 1 diced garlic clove


Add a little white wine, it was about 1/4 cup or so. Now go to the refrigerator and pull out one of those handy dandy little precooked chicken strips bags thingies....you know the ones.....

Now give it a rough chop, don't go all nuts on it though, you want to bite into pieces of chicken ok?


Now take that yummy chicken and add it to the wine yumminess (lots of yummy going on here) in the skillet


Cook it for a few minutes, like 2 or 3 that's all it needs.


In the meantime, you need to cook about 8 oz of pasta, I'm using bow tie but you can use any you have.

And because Blogger has decided to stop letting me upload pics, I had to use another online site, so you'll have to click on the little itty bitty thumbnail to see the actual size.

Drain the pasta and add it to a big bowl....


Add the chicken mixture to it



Now sprinkle on some parsley and basil....don't ask me how much, I just eyeball things LOL



Here's the secret ingredient, you ready for this........it's shocking.......a jar of store bought Alfredo Sauce. *GASP*



Stir well, then add 1/3 cup of milk....again I just came up with that and it worked so go with it



Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on, mix everything well, then pour into a baking dish



Cover with foil and bake at 350º for about 15 minutes, then uncover and sprinkle some more parmesan cheese on top and bake for another 10 minutes or until heated through.

VOILA.........Darn Yummy Pasta......I'm not kidding, go make it and then come and tell me if it wasn't good.



8 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!!! I can see why the children had two servings plus Miss wants it for her birthday dinner.. :) I know that McKenna will love it and so will her Mum & Dad!Thanks my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, my first visit to your site, via Smilnsigh, and I think this recipe sounds quick, easy, and delicious. I'm going to try it. Haven't bought bowtie pasta in a long time, but this makes me want to add it to the grocery list.

    And now I'm going to peruse your other blogs. Your life sounds a little like mine..hectic...dog(s)involved...kid(s) involved, and everything in the hands of God.

    P.S. That is a very nice photo, you look a little like the Italian actress Monica Bellucci.

    Now, onto your other blogs...

    Regards,
    Lavinia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt would love this!
    I will for sure try this. Oh & thoe pork chops below look awesome & I may just have everything to try that one tonight. I hope so=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm coming back to tell you that it's GREAT! I made a double batch today, one for another family who's just had a baby and one for my family. We LOVED it and I hope they did too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! I LOVE to cook and will def. give this one a try...thank you!
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im making this tonight. Is it fresh herbs or dried??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im making this tonight. Is it fresh herbs or dried??

    ReplyDelete