Friday, July 25, 2008

Crockpot Beer and Salsa Ribs!

I had a rack of ribs to cook today and I wanted to throw them in the slow cooker but I wanted something different. Being the adventurous person that I am, I never think twice about throwing in a few ingredients and seeing what comes out.

This was a huge hit, everyone raved about it and had seconds.


Crockpot Beer and Salsa Ribs


1 rack pork ribs

1 jar medium salsa

1 (12 oz) bottle of beer - I used Heineken but use whatever you have on hand

1 envelope Onion Gravy

1 medium onion sliced


Cut the pork rack into smaller pieces, put in the crockpot and throw in all the other ingredients, give it a good stir and cook on LOW for 8 hours.

It's SO good, it literally falls off the bone and you get left with this amazing rich brown gravy too.


Click the thumbnail below to download the printable recipe card:


4 comments:

  1. OMG these look sooooooooooooo good and sound great too. Hubby even liked the picture and asked when we could have some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Tamy and Hubby LOL!!!!
    Sandra We're making them on Monday as hubby is off work for a week..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good, I can smell it! And what a darling website. I've bookmarked it;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't drink so is there anything else you would recommend in place of the beer?

    ReplyDelete