Honey Mustard Chicken Pasta!
I tried this recipe for the first time last night and it was a huge hit. I was a bit skeptical at first because I didn't quite know how the honey mustard would combine with the pasta...I'm used to honey mustard for chicken strips or as a dressing on a salad but NEVER on pasta.
It was REALLY REALLY good! Big thumbs up for this one!
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken, peas, soup, milk, mustard, honey, parsley, salt if desired, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I drained the pasta and just tossed it all into the skillet. Stir everything well and there ya go.....
This was a super quick and simple recipe.