Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Roseda Steak Burgers!

While I was away in South Africa, I was contacted by the wonderful people of Roseda Beef asking me if I would be interested in trying out their Steak Burgers. Of course I was only too happy to oblige, I never say no to food and I never say no to a free sample of any kind.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect with the Burgers, I figured, it's a burger just like any other, right???

WRONG! I can tell you right now that my family and I have NEVER had such good burgers. The quality of the meat is outstanding and they are by far the tastiest home burger I've ever cooked up. YUMMY!

Their meat contain no growth hormones, artificial color or flavoring; no chemical preservatives, other synthetic ingredients. In fact, in many ways, they far exceed the government’s definition of “natural.”
Here's some more info:

  • Roseda never uses synthetic hormones or antibiotics, unless medically necessary. Parents can feel comfortable serving Roseda to their families because they know the beef wasn't hyped up on supplements.
  • Roseda cattle are raised in clean environments throughout the mid-Atlantic countryside.
  • The beef in Roseda Steakburgers is harvested in the same day, so the burgers aren't a mish-mash of random cattle, like McDonald's burgers or a mass retail beef supplier.
  • Steakburgers are made with the same dry-aged beef used in Roseda's gourmet steaks and roasts. It's literally like eating a steak in burger form. A good compromise for dinner, especially as people are beginning to feel the economic crunch.
  • Parents can order Roseda online and have it shipped fresh to their home within 2 days. http://www.rosedabeef.com/
  • Last but not least, the extended dry-aging gives the burgers the boldest, juiciest taste of probably any burger they've ever had.

Now let me show you what they look like before cooking...just look at how thick they are.

Because Roseda Steakburgers aren't ordinary ground beef. They're delicious ground steak from the same dry-aged beef as our gourmet steaks and roasts. (In fact, unlike mass-produced burgers, the Steakburgers you order from Roseda frequently come from one animal.)

All I put on these patties was salt, pepper and a little bit of garlic powder...that was IT. Now usually with other ground beef I find that I have to almost overpower it with tons of spices just to take away that weird taste.

So I was bit skeptical when I first threw them on the Grill...I wasn't quite sure what they would taste like.

I guess I should have taken that time to worry about OTHER stuff because let me tell you AGAIN, these were the juiciest, most flavorful, yummiest burgers I have had in a really really long time. They remind me of some gourmet burger place, you know the kind you sit down to eat at and they only serve the best meat???? This is what Roseda Burgers were like.

There were ooohhhh's and aaaahhh's around the table and Curt (my husband) actually asked for Roseda's catalog to order some more from. It's been decided, there won't be anymore burgers being bought at the grocery store, they will be coming in through UPS from the Roseda Farms.

So thank you Meghan Norville for contacting me and for offering these amazing burgers....my family and I are happy campers!

*Drool*

Alright now if you're wanting to try some of these yourself, here's where you can order them....

SteakBurgers
Gourmet Steaks
Roasts

If you would prefer trying them at one of the restaurants serving their beef, then here you go:

restaurants
Food Matters
Liberty Island Restaurant
The Manor Tavern
Potter's Pantry
Rib 'N Reef
Watertable Restaurant
Woodberry Kitchen
Ricciutis

3 comments: