Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cheesy Tuna Casserole

It's one of those dishes that everyone seems to have a different version for. I came up with my own when the kids were little and I was running late for dinner. I didn't have all the ingredients on hand that the recipe called for, so I improvised.

Photobucket

CHEESY TUNA CASSEROLE

2 cans of tuna, drained
1 green onion, sliced
8 oz. pasta (I used Cellentani, but feel free to use your favorite)
8 oz. heavy cream
1 envelope brown gravy
1 to 2 cups of shredded cheese
dried parsley

Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain.

In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, green onion, cream, gravy and half of the cheese. Mix well and then add the pasta to the mixture and stir everything together.

Photobucket

Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, bake in a 375 degree oven until bubbly and the cheese is melted.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. What yummy stuff on this blog! I love that you have pictures with everything!! I hate it when I get a recipe book that doesn't have pictures so I have nothing to compare it to...
    100% FREE Samples and Freebies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...that looks divine!Anything with cheese~
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy.. I don't have any cream on hand.. wonder if something in place of it would work.. like cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup. I will try that, Probably tonight for dinner! Easy and fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete