Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Chicken Milan

Chicken Milan

I've been looking through my cookbooks and writing down new recipes to try.  This one actually came from a cookbook I found at my local Thrift Store.

I love Taste of Home and for many years I have tried to collect their cookbooks, especially the yearly collections and the Quick Cooking collections, so when I found the Quick Cooking for 2006, I immediately grabbed it because it was one that I missing.

There are quite a few recipes in there that I want to try, including the Throw Together Short Ribs and the Scalloped Taters I'm having for dinner tonight.  Matter of fact, they are happily cooking away in the slow cooker as I type this, and they both smell amazing.

So, enough talking and let me just share the recipe with you.  It's great for a weekday meal.

NOTE:  I changed it up a little, I don't like a very eggy chicken taste, so instead of dipping the chicken in the flour and THEN the egg and frying it up, I dipped it in the egg first and then the flour.  It helps a bit and it's not such a huge egg taste, which my husband hates because he is not a big fan of eggs.

Chicken Milan
Chicken Milan
Source:  Taste of Home

8 ounces uncooked linguine
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips


Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon oil for 1 minute or until tender; stir in parsley and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.

Chicken Milan

In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, basil, salt and remaining pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. Dredge chicken strips in flour mixture, then dip in eggs.

Chicken Milan

In the same skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain linguine and place on a serving platter. Pour reserved garlic mixture over linguine and toss to coat; top with chicken.

Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment