Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chili Spaghetti

Chili Spaghetti

My husband and kids love many kinds of food, but I would have to say that without a doubt, one of their favorites has to be spaghetti with a very close chili behind.....and more to the point, they love the Wolf Brand Chili.

Me?  Not really a big fan.  I only use the Canned Chili for Chili dogs or Chili fries and I'll eat it, and enjoy it, but it's not something I particularly love.

The other day we were all so busy, and by the time dinner came around I needed to get something on the table fast.  I decided to just mix their love of both things into one, and they really did enjoy this meal.

Chili Spaghetti

Chili Spaghetti

1 pound ground beef
Half a small onion, finely diced
1 (15 oz) Wolf Brand Chili, without beans
Cooked Spaghetti
Shredded Cheese


Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, set aside.

In a skillet, brown the ground beef in a little oil, add the onion and cook until tender.  Add the can of chili, and a little salt and pepper.  Cook until heated through.

In a baking dish, layer half the spaghetti, half the meat sauce, sprinkle on some shredded cheese, repeat with remaining spaghetti and meat sauce.  End with a layer of shredded cheese and some fresh basil.

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.  Yum!!

Chili Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment