Pork Stir Fry Rice

Pork Stir Fry Rice

There's nothing more frustrating than picking a recipe to try out from one of your cookbooks, only to forget which book and what page.  I had something in mind for dinner tonight but after searching for the elusive recipe for over an hour, I needed to get something made and fast.

That is where this Pork Stir Fry Rice came in, just something I threw together and it gave me a chance to try out my new electric wok.  My husband had found me this amazing electric duraceramic wok for real cheap, at Walmart.  I hadn't yet had a chance to try it out, so this was the perfect time to do it.

I loved it, it got everything cooked really fast, and I don't think there's anything better than a wok when it comes to stir frying food.

Pork Stir Fry Rice

Pork Stir Fry Rice

1 pound thin pork tenderloins, sliced
Small onion, thinly sliced
1 (16 oz) bag Sugar Snap Pea Stir Fry mix
1 envelope Fried Rice Mix
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Cooked rice
1/4 beef broth

Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil on the electric wok, when sizzling, add in the thinly sliced pork and cook for about 5 minutes until brown. 

Pork Stir Fry Rice

Remove from wok, turn the heat down slightly and add in the onions, garlic and Stir Fry mix, stir well and fry for a few minutes.  You want the vegetables cooked but still with a bite to it.

Pork Stir Fry Rice

Remove the veggies.  Add in the cooked rice, the beef broth and the packet of fried rice mix, mix well, fry for a minute or so, then add back in the veggies and the pork and heat through.

I removed half of the stir fry rice to a dish, and to the other half, I added 2 eggs because my son and I love egg in our fried rice, my husband and daughter don't.

Super quick and simple, quite healthy and yummy too.

Comments

  1. Hi Sandra, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts