Saturday, September 12, 2015

Beer Battered Onion Rings

Beer......beer battered.  Enough said!!!

Of all the different batters for frying up goodies, I have to say that I think beer is my all time favorite.  Anytime I'm in a restaurant that serves any kind of beer battered anything, I order it.

So, when making ribs the other day, I served up some baked beans and then really wanted some onion rings, so beer battered it was, besides I have quite a few bottles of beer in the pantry from the family reunion, that I need to get rid of.

Super easy recipe, and the results are divine.



Beer Battered Onion Rings
Adapted from All Recipes

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 teaspoons garlic powder

salt and pepper to taste
1 cup beer
3 large onions, sliced into rings
1 cup oil for frying


In a shallow bowl combine flour, egg, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gradually add beer, stirring, until a thick batter forms. Add more or less beer depending on the desired consistency of the batter.
In a heavy frying pan heat oil (adjust amount, depending on the size of your pan, so that you have a couple of inches of oil) over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, dip onions in batter and fry, turning once to brown evenly on both sides. Drain on paper towels.

Beer Battered Onion Rings

1 comment:

  1. I love onion rings, but don't like to eat fried foods, so I looked up baked beer batter onion rings and found recipes.

    Thanks for the inspiration. Your photo has my mouth watering.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete