Sunday, September 03, 2006

Danish anyone?!?!?1

If there is one dessert I have a weakness for, is anything to do with pastries. I've always loved Danish, they are yummy and yet I don't find them too heavy on my stomach. Now when I came across this next recipe in one of my Taste of Home Magazines, back in 2004, I just knew I had to try it.

So I'm sharing it with you, I figured for this Labor Day weekend this would be a great dessert, served with a hot cup of tea or some coffee.



Peachy Cheese Danish

1 tube (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
8 teaspoons peach preserves or flavor of your choice (strawberry is yummy too)

Glaze:
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 teaspoons milk

Separate dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. On a lightly floured survace, roll each into a 7-inc. x 3-1/2-in. rectangle. In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spread over rectangles. Roll up from a long side; pinch edges to seal. Holding one end, loosely coil each.

Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each coil with 2 teaspoons preserves. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

For a glaze, in a bowl, combine confectioners sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over top. Yield: 4 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra
    I've just spent a few happy minute looking over your blogs. I love this recipe and will definitely make it! However, I am trying to lose weight so how much of it should I eat? Half of one, a quarter...or perhaps I just should not eat the whole batch!

    Plain and Simple. Echo From The Green Hills.

    ReplyDelete