Monday, September 11, 2006

VEGETABLE SOUP!!!

Last night I was supposed to make Onion and Potato soup, which is really easy to make, all it takes is a couple potatoes, one or two onions, some water, salt and pepper, garlic, 1 chicken or beef bouillon cube and a drizzle of olive oil.

Once the potatoes and onions are cooked, you blend it all together, give it a couple of stirs and simmer for about 5-10 minutes, drizzle some more olive oil on top, and VOILA!!! You have a tasty and very filling soup.

I had the soup on the stove, and then Jasmine asked why don't I put more veggies in, and I thought "you know, why not, I can always make this next week".

I put in potatoes, onions, cabbage, tomatoes, carrots and celery and then the usual salt and pepper and olive oil.



It came out SO good, the kids loved it and gobbled up everything on their plates. Throw in some Grilled Cheese and Ham sandwiches, and you have a great filling dinner which is pretty inexpensive.

What's best???? I have a ton of soup left which I'll be having today for lunch.

Soup is extremely versatile, you can pretty much use anything you want which is great for getting rid of leftover veggies. I would love to know what kind of soups you all are making especially around the colder months.




2 comments:

  1. This looks so good we're making today as McKenna still has her cold/cough. Thanks Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up Portuguese, I also love soups. Your potato soup sounds like of like Caldo Verde, I love your veggie soup idea too. will have to try it. i usually make bean based soups then add brown rice for a hearty flavor.

    ReplyDelete