Wednesday, September 20, 2006

PUMPKIN PANCAKES!!!



It's cold, it's raining and I feel as if I'm in the middle of winter, so what better way to start the morning, than with some pumpkin pancakes. If you've never had them, you're in for a treat :)

You can use canned or fresh pumpkin for these. I actually found this recipe online a couple years ago, they even suggested for Halloween, sprinkling on that orange-colored sugar, how fun is that?


PUMPKIN PANCAKES

* 2 cups flour
* 2 tbs granulated sugar
* 4 tsp baking powder

* 1 tsp salt

* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1 1/2 cups milk

* 1 cup pumpkin puree

* 4 eggs -- separated

* 1/4 cup melted butter


Sift together dry ingredients. Combine milk, egg yolks, butter and pumpkin puree. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter. Pour onto
hot, oiled griddle, about 1/3 cup at a time.

Cook until tops bubble and turn and cook other side.

4 comments:

  1. I made these this morning....Oh My Gosh......scrumptious!!!!!
    Madison loved them..she loves pumpkin...right now I'm making pumpkin bread.....love the smells throughout the house. Got this recipe on Allrecipe.com
    Have a pumpkin day,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 8 year old loves pumpkin bread and he loves pancakes. I can't wait to try this. 2 of his favorites combined. How can I go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man, these are a favorite around here! It's like having pumpkin pie for breakfast. What I like is that it's a good way to use leftover pumpkin. You know, when you make a recipe that calls for canned pumpkin...but not the whole can?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We made these this morning and everyone loved them. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I posted it on my blog with a link to your blog giving you credit.

    http://kathalog.typepad.com/cooking_with_the_youngs/

    ReplyDelete