Favorite Ingredients Friday!
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ground ginger and ground cloves
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup Apple NESTLÉ JUICY JUICE All Natural 100% Juice
* 2/3 cup unsulphured molasses
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
* 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
* 1 large egg
* Frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch-round cake pan.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in medium bowl; stir well. Combine Juicy Juice and molasses in separate medium bowl; stir well.
BEAT sugar and shortening in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin and egg. Alternately beat in flour mixture and juice mixture at low speed, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Cut into wedges. Serve with dollop of whipped topping.
NOTE: A 9 x 5-inch loaf pan may be used in place of 9-inch-round cake pan. Increase bake time to 70 to 75 minutes