Menu Plan Monday!!!
Happy Monday everyone, this is what's on the menu for this week. As always remember that some days I switch meals around or end up not making them if something comes up, but for the most part I stick to everything on here INCLUDING breakfast and lunch.
If you're interested in playing along or just checking out what everyone is cooking, run on over to "I'm an Organizing Junkie".
Last week's menu was all about Slow Cooking and I have to tell you that I was sooooo happy with the recipes I tried. You can find them all on my blog here....Yummy!
BREAKFAST: Cereal, Chocolate Milk
LUNCH: Bacon & Cheddar Chicken Nuggets, Fruit
DINNER: Galinha Piri Piri w/ homemade fries (recipe below the menu)
BREAKFAST: Scrambled eggs, toast
DINNER: Spaghetti w/ Garlic Bread
BREAKFAST: Raisin Cinnamon Toast
LUNCH: Mac 'n Cheese, little smokies
DINNER: Smothered Steaks w/ mashed potatoes
BREAKFAST: Amish Style French Toast
LUNCH: Sandwiches, Yogurt
DINNER: Best Chili Ever
LUNCH: Chili Dogs
DINNER: Fettucine Alfredo
BREAKFAST: Breakfast Casserole
LUNCH: Taco Bell
DINNER: Pork Chops w/ Rice
BREAKFAST: Bacon, Sausage, Eggs
LUNCH: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
DINNER: Fish and Chips
Here's the Portuguese Chicken Piri Piri recipe, it requires lots of marinading time but is well worth the wait. I usually just marinate it the day before and let it sit in the refrigerator until the next day. YUMMY!
I serve mine with homemade fries and some portuguese salad (lettuce, onion, tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper)
2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
3 tablespoons lemon juice
10 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 (1 kg) lbs chicken pieces
1. In large glass bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.
2. Add chicken, turning to coat.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally; can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours if you want to make it ahead.
4. Reserving marinade, place chicken, skin side down, on a greased grill over medium heat; close lid and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Turn and brush with marinade; cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
6. For a less spicy version, replace above marinade with Portuguese Paprika Marinade: 1/3 cup dry white wine, 1 tsp grated lemon rind, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce, and 2 cloves of garlic, minced.