Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Penne!

Last night's dinner turned out really good, I made some Buttered Mashed Potatoes to go with the Swiss Steak and it was YUMMY. The recipe is just beneath this one if you're interested in giving it a try.

For dinner tonight, and continuing with our Slow Cooker week, I have another recipe from the same Gooseberry Patch cookbook, can't wait to try it.

So here's what's in my crockpot right now:

Image belongs to me

Gooseberry Patch "Slow Cooker Recipes"

3/4 lb. hot italian sausage links, cut into bite-size pieces (I used mild italian sausage)
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
26-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
6-oz. penne pasta, cooked.

Stir together all ingredients except pasta in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours. At serving time, stir in cooked pasta. Makes 4 servings.

A hearty dish like Italian Sausage and Penne is perfect on a cool autumn night. Carry the crock right out to your backyard picnic table and savor the fall colors with your family.


  1. Ooh, this one looks yummy! I'm printing it out. :)

  2. Your recipes are great, but my finicky kids wont touch anything unless it only has sauce on it!

  3. Yum! I would so pay you to come cook for me!! I am finding it harder and harder to have enough time to cook anything before work. I am back to eating maybe 1 meal a day, if that! So tired....
    I give major props to you for cooking such fabulous meals every night for your family!