Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Spaghetti with Bacon and Mushrooms

Now this is one of those I remember my stepmom fixing for us and it brings back such good memories of home and my childhood. I love it.

It's quick and easy to fix and you won't believe how good it tastes.



I start with one small onion, finely diced and in a pot with some olive oil

Slice up a green pepper and add to the onion

2 medium tomatoes, diced and added to the pot too.....

Here's the spices I use, I pretty much stick to these in most every portuguese dish I make.

I just eyeball it, so some salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and one bay leaf (you'll remove it once it's ready to serve)

Half a pound of bacon, sliced and added to the pot

Mmmmm doesn't that look good already?

Turn the heat on medium so it can start cooking and give it a good stir.....


About a cup or so of mushrooms, they're sliced but I still run the knife through them to make them smaller.

Now I add one beef bouillon cube, crumbled into the mixture and 1 cup of water

Stir it and let it cook for about 10 minutes or so.....

Throw in some spaghetti, I broke mine in half before dumping it in

Add some more water, enough to cover the spaghetti

Let it simmer until the spaghetti is cooked "al dente", you want it to have a little bite to it still, not be mushy.


Yummy, almost done.....

ENJOY!!!



While the spaghetti was cooking I made some Focaccia to go with. I used my Pizza Dough recipe and then slathered on olive oil, finely diced garlic, a little bit of salt and some oregano. Mmmmmmm!

5 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooooooooh! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

    I was writing up my menu for next week and this is on it!

    Thank you so much for taking the time to type up the recipe! And the pictures too, it makes it so much easier when I can see a picture!

    I think my husband is going to really love this too!

    Hugs,

    Sherry

    ps I'll be making the bread too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I have been absent from here!! What with working a LOT of OT and the holidays...I have been going in circles.
    I do so enjoy all your recipes and appreciate your sharing them with all of us.
    Hope you & your family had a Merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooooooks good! And I am hungry,

    I'm going back through the visitors that I've had on my blog to invite them to a little give-away that I am having. No gmicks, just my way of celebrating one year of blogging. Please come over and sign up.

    http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it all sans mushrooms is all! Looks so delicious! Have you ever put it in a crock pot? Just wondering! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete