Monday, December 17, 2007

Menu Plan Monday - Dec. 17 to 23

 

Happy Monday everyone, this is what's on the menu for this week. As always remember that some days I switch meals around or end up not making them if something comes up, but for the most part I stick to everything on here INCLUDING breakfast and lunch.

If you want to join in with your own menu or take a look at all the other ladies participating, I suggest you grab a cup of coffee....a HUGE one LOL and then head over to Laura's blog "I'm an Organizing Junkie", there's so much yummy stuff being shared I'm sure you'll find inspiration for your next week's menus too.

I've started using themes to help me plan the menus because at times I find myself completely at a loss on what to make.......

MONDAY -

TUESDAY -

WEDNESDAY - Portuguese Meals (All the ones I grew up eating)

THURSDAY - Slow Cooking Day

FRIDAY - Pizza Night

SATURDAY - Easy Day

SUNDAY - Soups

Specials this past week:  The Homemade Caramels are TO DIE FOR.........I've had to ask Curt to hide them from me because I'm bound to eat them all, they're THAT addictive.  If you want to make some for yourself or to give as gifts (like I'm doing) the recipe is below this post.

menuplanmonday

 

MONDAY DECEMBER 17TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Cinnamon Rolls, Warm Milk

LUNCH: Leftover Peppery Potato Soup (it was SO good)

DINNER:  Robin's Chicken Pot Pie

HPIM1451.0

TUESDAY DECEMBER 18TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Bagels w/ cream cheese, Juice

LUNCH: Chicken Tenders, Mac n' Cheese

DINNER: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread

2P15_QSX070206contestsADD006

WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 19TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Muffins, Tea

LUNCH: Tuna Salad

DINNER: Portuguese Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes

1331732923_249b83bffb_o

THURSDAY DECEMBER 20TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Cereal, Milk

LUNCH: Egg Rolls, Mixed Veggies

DINNER: Slow Cooker Estofado

estofado 

FRIDAY DECEMBER 21st, 2007

BREAKFAST: Vanilla Waffles

LUNCH: Roast Beef Sandwiches

DINNER: My Homemade Pizza

Sandra's Pizza

SATURDAY DECEMBER 15TH, 2007

BREAKFAST:  Sausage Biscuits

LUNCH: Hotdogs

DINNER: Asian Wraps

asian wraps

SUNDAY DECEMBER 22nd, 2007

BREAKFAST: Pumpkin Pancakes

LUNCH: McDonald's

DINNER: Portuguese Bean Soup

Imagem 033

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a good week!

    Thanks for the reminder about the estofado.


    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a tasty week!! That pot pie looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The asian wraps look like a winner. I will have to try them sometime. Also, thanks for the caramel recipe. Loved the picture step by step recipe. Have a festive week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great week. The Asian wraps look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 1/2 portuguese...mom's full. I never grew up with anything portugues though; no language, no traditions, no food. I think I'll check out your recipes and maybe try a few.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I see some recipes I'm going to try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra, everything looks yummy as usual! Love those pumpking pancakes

    I'm thinking of you because we're in PE - where I'm eating and shopping lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra.
    I'm going to have to try the peppery potato soup.Glad that you liked McKenna eating her spaghetti!She really loves it;=)Thanks for the blog visit.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Looks great! I'm going to have to try some of your Portuguese recipes one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bookmarked the estofado for later menu planning. Thanks for providing the link!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kept reading and kept saying "mmmmm" "oh! mmmmmmm" LOL! I wish I could make a potpie look that pretty :) Maybe I'll try it after the holidays! I love them in this cold weather. (sorry!)

    All of the Portuguese food always looks delicious! I loved the Estofado -- and today a friend of mine was talking about making some type of Portuguese rice with green peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic -- I can't remember the rest, but it sounded wonderful!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never eaten PPortuguese food before. It all sounds so interesting and yummy! I am going to try the peppery potato soup some time soon.

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandra! Popping over via the comment you left on my MPM blog off Organizing Junkie. I love the pics with your menu! Looks like a great week. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! You guys eat GOOD! The estofado (sp?) recipe looked like something my husband would like, and the pizza looked delicious! I'd also like to try those Asian wraps. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love all your pictures and pumpkin pancakes sound scrumptious!
    Thanks for visiting!

    Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love the pictures!

    My Menu Plan is up too! :)

    ReplyDelete