Sunday, December 09, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

Happy Monday everyone, this is what's on the menu for this week. As always remember that some days I switch meals around or end up not making them if something comes up, but for the most part I stick to everything on here INCLUDING breakfast and lunch.

If you want to join in with your own menu or take a look at all the other ladies participating, I suggest you grab a cup of coffee....a HUGE one LOL and then head over to Laura's blog "I'm an Organizing Junkie", there's so much yummy stuff being shared I'm sure you'll find inspiration for your next week's menus too.

Since I've been planning menus for years now, oh about 9 or so, I find that there's days I draw a complete blank as to what I'm cooking. I've decided to try and make some set theme nights to work around.......here's what I've got so far, I'll add the others as I go along and I'll start using these theme nights next week.

MONDAY -

TUESDAY -

WEDNESDAY - Portuguese Meals (All the ones I grew up eating)

THURSDAY - Slow Cooking Day

FRIDAY - Pizza Night

SATURDAY -

SUNDAY - Soups

menuplanmonday

MONDAY DECEMBER 10TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Brown sugar cinnamon oatmeal, warm milk
LUNCH: Chicken Soup, Yogurt
DINNER: Best Ever Lasagna (The Pioneer Woman Cooks)

The Best Lasagna Ever







TUESDAY DECEMBER 11TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Blueberry Toaster Strudel, orange juice
LUNCH: Left overs
DINNER: Fish Fillets w/ rice

Fish Filets

WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 12TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Cinnamon Toast
LUNCH: Hot pockets, Veggies
DINNER: Cheese and Ham Quesadillas

Cheese and Ham Quesadillas

THURSDAY DECEMBER 13TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Cereal, Guava Juice
LUNCH: Sandwiches, Applesauce
DINNER: Breakfast for dinner: Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepes

Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepes

FRIDAY DECEMBER 14TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Toast w/ Jelly, Milk
LUNCH: Chicken Nuggets, Mac n' Cheese
DINNER: Homemade Pizza

Sandra's Pizza

SATURDAY DECEMBER 15TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Gooey Caramel Rolls
LUNCH: McDonald's
DINNER: Dad's Favorite Chicken

Dad's Favorite Chicken

SUNDAY DECEMBER 16TH, 2007

BREAKFAST: Pumpkin Pancakes
LUNCH: BLT Sandwiches
DINNER: Slow Cooker Peppery Potato Soup

Peppery Potato Soup

30 comments:

  1. There are days that I can't seem to come up with anything to cook either! I wish it would be cold enough here to have soup, but I might just up and do it anyway this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum---everything sounds so tasty!! I've had to change up my menus to have less carbs. I haven't been watching my carbs and I'm committed to doing better!

    I've bookmarked "Dad's favorite chicken" to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra it all sounds so good.I love the idea of breakfast for dinner! especially crepes ;=)Have a great week...(hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog title lol, it's perfect!

    Sounds like a filling and delicious menu at your house this week :)

    ~~Happy Holidays~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. The potato soup sounds yummy. Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your menu always sounds so good. Even lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures. They are making me really hungry. So, do you just spread cream cheese in your crepe and top with strawberries??? Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Desiree - I spread the cream cheese and top with sliced strawberries, or I mix cream cheese with strawberry jam and spread on the crepes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog. Always nice to hear from others out there in the blogosphere. Also glad to hear that someone who has been doing menus for so long has blank days too!

    Your menu looks great! I'll be coming back to look at your recipes a little later for some yummy new ideas. (I'm short on time right now)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra

    I saw your spaghetti pie on another blog and thought I must check in with you, so thanks for also checking in with me.

    As usual, all your meals make me droool. Yum, yum, yum!

    I definitely don't intend to do anything strenuous in PE - the most I plan to do is stroll on the beachfront while eating an icecream :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to have to try that soup recipe...everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! Slow Cooker Peppery Potato Soup!!! This looks very good. Thanks for linking your recipes!
    Have a good week!

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog! I'm very impressed with the pictures, and I see some recipes I may have to try. Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my recipe blog!

    The potato soup sounds great for the winter! Will try it!

    I found your slow cooker recipe blog, looks great, I'll have to get mom's out since she never uses it and try your recipes ;)

    Have a super week!
    nemo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the theme nights. I may try to do something like that once a month just to jazz things up a little!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your theme nights too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You'll have to let us know how the themed days work out. I was considering this type of set up just last week, my mom said growing up they had the same meal on that particular day each week. I just figured I am too adventurous for that and would get sick of it, but a broader theme like you are talking about could work.

    Have a yummy week! ;-)
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great menu plan! Let us know how the themed nights work...sounds like a pretty good ideal. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have copied your potato soup recipe to use in a later menu. It is icy today here, and the soup looks like just the ticket for days like today. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for visiting & commenting on my blog!

    The pictures are great and the potato soup recipe sounds wonderful. I will have to make that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your menus, please let me know how the themes go. Being a working mother and wife, sometimes it is soo hard to come up with new ideas...Thanks for stopping by for a visit, I have enjoyed my visit here I will be back...Have a blessed week..
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holy Schmoley do those caramel rolls look sinfully delicious!!!!!! I've been looking for something special to make for the kids on Christmas morning, I think this will be it!

    Hugs,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your menu looks great! I love how you share your breakfast & lunch. I don't really have a problem being creative with dinner but lunch and breakfast are a totally different story. Its fun to take a peek at what someone else is doing.

    Have a great (& yummy) week!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW!! EVERYTHING on your menu sounds and looks SO delicious!! Especially the crepes! Yummy!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Katie
    http://bimw.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yum! And love the pics. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sandra your posts are so beautiful and yummy. I've been meaning to do those crepes. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful post. Your pictures are great and everything looks delicious.
    Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. After reading practically every one of your entries, I have to say, i think i would really enjoy portugese food! It seems to suit my tastes. All the ingredients are what i would normally use. I have so many of your recipes to try that I just copied them to a folder hah. Thanks again and please don't ever give up such an inspiring blog!!

    ReplyDelete