Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WHO Bread!

The name makes me giggle and the kids also call it the "WHOOOOO bread" just like Amanda said her kids did. I got this recipe from "Soulemama" Amanda's blog, which is one of my favorite favorite blogs.



WHO Bread
(bread machine recipe here)

1 1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons butter @ room temperature
1 tsp salt
3 cups of flour (we do 2 cups unbleached white, 1 cup whole wheat pastry)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (or, one package)

Pour 1 1/4c. warm water (about 110 degrees F), honey, sugar, and yeast into a bowl. Whisk until well combined and mixture is frothy. Set aside to proof while you mix together the other ingredients. In a separate large bowl stir together, flour, butter, salt, rolled oats, and cinnamon. Pour yeast mixture into flour mixture, and mix until thoroughly combined. (I like to do this with my hands.) Place dough into a lightly oiled bread pan. Cover with a damp towel and leave in a warm spot to rise for about an hour (45 min. if you'€™re impatient!). Punch down dough and let rise a second time for 45 minutes, covered with a damp towel. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove towel from top of dough and place pan in the center of your oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Done!



So here are all the ingredients.....

Start by putting the water, honey, yeast and brown sugar into a bowl


Mix well until frothy and then set aside to proof.


In a separate bowl add the butter, all purpose flour


Wheat Flour


The oats

The cinnamon........mmmmmm

Mix it all together well

Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture


Now mix it up really good, using your hands......gotta be the hands believe me

Ohhh it looks good already


Place it in a lightly oiled loaf pan and then cover it with a damp kitchen towel and let it sit in a warm spot for about an hour


Lift off the towel and punch down the dough and then let it sit another 45 minutes to an hour


Bake in a 350º for 20-25 minutes. That's it.......it's easy and it's so good.


Warm out of the oven, you see the butter melting on it?

My favorite way to eat it is slathered in butter and then drizzled with honey....Goodness it's so yummy.

5 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I have never made bread before, but I really want to make this! I have ww bread flour. Do you recommend using that instead or a mixture of that and regular flour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. this bread looks great. The tuna pasta salad is almost like the one my mom makes and I love it. She mixes a little pickle juice (bread and butter) in with the mayo.

    Over the weekend I made your Chicken Tetrazini (everyone liked it), and the scones! I'd never made scones and they turned out great- I ate too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this last weekend. It was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy!! This is one of the reasons I am looking forward to fall!!
    Hated turning on the oven during the summer when it was 100 most the time. Been craving some homemade bread forever!! Thanks for sharing this!!
    I have one I need to email you and see if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making this right now. What size loaf pan do you use? I think mine is tiny compared to yours! Just curious!

    ReplyDelete