Sunday, March 16, 2008

Breakfast Delights........

or as I like to call them "run for the hills yummies". This is such a rich treat for breakfast but OH SO DOG GONE GOOD. The kids always ask for seconds and thirds. Well I do too, but since I'm the mommy I can just eat them without having to ask LOL

So here we go, seriously, I'm warning you, do NOT attempt these while on a diet *snicker*




Breakfast Delights

BREAKFAST DELIGHTS
Source:  Grandma's Kitchen Gooseberry Patch


2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2 c. sugar, divided
1 egg yolk
1 t. vanilla extract
24-oz. loaf sliced bread, crusts trimmed
cinnamon to taste
1 c. butter, melted


Mix together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Spread one tablespoon mixture on each slice of bread. Roll slice from one corner to the other.

Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar together in a shallow bowl. Dip rolled bread in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place rolls on ungreased baking sheets.

Freeze rolls for at least 20 minutes. Bake at 350º for 8 to 10 minutes until hot and bubbly. Makes about 2 dozen.


Deep breath now cause we're about to immerse ourselves in butter and cream cheese......



Trim the crusts off the bread.......this part reminds me of my dad, he always wanted his crusts cut off

In a bowl mix the cream cheese, egg yolk and sugar

Add the vanilla extract and then mix everything well. I just use an electric mixer to make sure I get it all nice and smooth.
In a separate bowl combine the remaining 1 1/2 cups of sugar and cinnamon, stir together

Now we start making the yummies.....spread 1 tablespoon of the filling on each slice of bread


Roll bread from one corner to the other, see they look like pretty little crescent rolls

Now here comes the BAD but oh so GOOD part. Dip them in the melted butter
Roll them in the cinnamon sugar

Breakfast Delights

Place them on ungreased cookie sheets and then pop them into the freezer for about 20 minutes.

Bake them at 350º for 8-10 minutes.

Breakfast Delights

6 comments:

  1. You-are-an-evil-evil-lady!!!!!!! -grinnnnnnnnnnnnnn-

    -sigh-

    -sigh-

    -sigh-

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I repeat what Mari-Nanci said!!!! another must try "Sandra" recipe... my hips are screaming.. lol ;=) have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! This is a definite Must Do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zowee those sound positively good, ummm I mean bad, no good...
    Oooh, I've got an angel on one shoulder & a devil on the other & they're both yappin at me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm already ready to wake up in the morning so I can make these!! sounds YUMMY!!!!!! Thanks! I love your site and all the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete