Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chicken with Mushroom Gravy and Garlic Lemon Spaghetti

So as I said when I posted my Menu Plan, the next two weeks are going to be all about Portuguese food.  I love it when I can just concentrate on my heritage and the food that is a huge part of the Portuguese Culture.

Chicken with mushroom gravy and Garlic Lemon Spaghetti 

My family get so excited everytime I say it’s Portuguese time on the menus, the kids especially jump up and down.  LOL

It’s one of the reasons why I love cooking so much, I not only enjoy creating delicious meals but the joy that I see in my family’s faces when I serve them something, is more than enough to remind me that I’m doing a good thing :)

So today’s recipe is just a simple meal that anyone can fix.  There’s nothing special about the chicken actually, what gives it the wow factor is the simple yet crazily good spaghetti.

Chicken with mushroom gravy and Garlic Lemon Spaghetti
Chicken with Mushroom Gravy & Garlic Lemon Spaghetti

1 lb chicken breasts, sliced into strips
Salt, pepper and garlic powder
Mushroom soup or gravy (here’s the kicker, you can use whatever you want, either a good mushroom dry soup mix, or even condensed cream of mushroom)
Spaghetti noodles
Butter
Lemon
Garlic
Parsley


Cook the spaghetti noodles in water drizzled with a little olive oil.

In a big skillet, add a little olive oil and the chicken strips, season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Fry until chicken is cooked through and brown on both sides. Add the cream of mushroom soup, a little bit of water to thin it a bit, stir well and heat through. Set aside.

When the spaghetti is cooked, drain. Pour it into a bowl and then add butter to taste (I add about 2 tablespoons or so), drizzle with the juice of half a lemon, season with a little bit of salt and garlic powder. Finish with a little chopped parsley.

Serve with the chicken. Enjoy

© 2006 - 2012 Full Bellies, Happy Kids - All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. I just made this tonight for dinner, and all I have to say is wow! My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the chicken and pasta. I ended up squeezing the second half of the lemon in the mushroom gravy and that gave it a nice little zing. This is going on our favorites list!

    ReplyDelete