Thursday, August 11, 2011

Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork

I love Chinese food but it’s not really something I’m good at, I just think I lack that little touch that really makes Chinese food what it is.  But, with that said, I’m always trying to better myself and I don’t shy away from trying new recipes.

This is another one from my Gooseberry Patch cookbook and it got a big thumbs up from the family.

Sweet and Sour Pork
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork
Credit: Gooseberry Patch
1 onion, chopped
1 and 1/2 lbs pork loin, cubed
14 oz can chicken broth
10 oz bottle sweet and sour sauce
15 and 1/4 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
2 green peppers, chopped
1 c. converted rice, uncooked
Place onion in a 5 quart slow cooker, top with pork, broth and sauce. Cover and cook on high setting one hour; reduce heat to low setting and cook 3 1/2 hours. Add pineapple, green peppers and rice; mix well. Cover and cook on low setting 1 1/2 more hours. Serves 4 to 6.

© 2006 - 2011 Full Bellies, Happy Kids - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment