Friday, August 19, 2011

Costeletas Panadas - Breaded Pork Chops

Costeletas Panadas

This was dinner Thursday night.
I don’t have a recipe for you because I think that everyone pretty much knows how to bread and fry a steak or chicken or whatever it may be.

But here are a few tips for you.

When frying food that is previously cooked, I usually stick to just a dip in egg and then rolled in bread crumbs. When you’re frying food that is raw you should always go with, flour then egg, then breadcrumbs. Now don’t think that I’m telling you this because there’s some sort of rule or law about it, I’m just telling you the way I do it.

Costeletas Panadas

If you’re cooking for more than one or two and you know it will be a while between the time the food is done frying and the actual sitting down to eat, you should double up and do flour, egg, breadcrumbs, egg, breadcrumbs again. It will give you a double thick crust which also serves kind of as a wall between the steak and the crust and will keep it from going soggy faster.

You know how when you do a chicken fried steak, after a while the breaded part is no longer crispy and it’s more of a soggy mess? That’s what I’m talking about.
So, nothing out of this world, just a few little tips that I’ve picked up along the way and thought I would pass it along.


© 2006 - 2012 Full Bellies, Happy Kids - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment