Friday, October 19, 2012

Musselman's Apple Butter - Review & Recipe

I have been working with Musselman's for a long time, and they are by far some of my favorite products and staples on my pantry shelf.


I was sent this cute kit with Apple Butter, 3 yummy recipes to try and a handcrafted wooden Spurtle.

Musselman's Apple Butter Monkey Bread

What is a Spurtle you may ask?  Well I had that question too and I can say that I did not have one of these in my kitchen, but oh I was missing out on something so cool.

This is the Spurtle, it is a scraper, stirrer, flipper etc.  In other words, it's awesome, I've found a new favorite kitchen tool. :)

Musselman's Apple Butter Monkey Bread

I think with Fall here, aside from pumpkin, one of the things that most signifies cooler temps and Fall is Apple Butter. For me, that is.

And I've always preferred Musselman's Apple Butter.

So I was sent 3 recipes that sound really good. One of them we won't be trying and that is simply because as you've heard me say many times before, I just don't like mixing fruity stuff with main dishes, it's just a personal preference.

But for those who do like it, check out the Apple Butter Marinade for Chicken.

Now onto the other 2 recipes.  One is already safely stashed away for Thanksgiving, because it sounds SO good and I can't wait to try it.  I'm talking about Sweet Potato Apple Butter Casserole.

 YUM!

The third recipe, I decided I just had to try right away.  We love monkey bread, I make it many times but I had never tried it with Apple Butter.  Oh boy, salivating here.

Musselman's Apple Butter Monkey Bread

You have GOT to make this for Fall, it is so delicious, I can't believe I never thought to use Musselman's Apple Butter in it before. 

Musselman's Apple Butter Monkey Bread

Monkey Bread

2 cans refrigerated biscuits
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cinnamon
½ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
½ cup MUSSELMAN'S Apple Butter


Musselman's Apple Butter Monkey Bread

Separate biscuits and cut in quarters.

Musselman's Apple Butter Monkey Bread

In a bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll biscuit pieces in cinnamon sugar to coat, and drop them in a greased Bundt pan. Make sure they are distributed evenly.

On the stove top, heat the butter, brown sugar and sugar to a boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in apple butter.

Musselman's Apple Butter Monkey Bread

Pour mixture over the dough, and bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, turn upside down onto serving plate, and remove pan.

Makes 8 servings

Musselman's Apple Butter Monkey Bread

Musselman's Apple Butter is non-dairy and can be found in the jam/jelly aisle of your grocery store.

For more recipes, you can go to the Musselman's website.

Thank you to Musselman's for providing me with a sample at no cost.  


3 comments:

  1. Yum Yum Yum....making for Sunday breakfast tomorrow! I need a spurtle, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this today, and it is delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete