Friday, February 20, 2009

Hearty Red Beans and Rice

A stick to your ribs kinda meal....so filling and delicious.

Photobucket

HEARTY RED BEANS AND RICE
Credit: Gooseberry Patch Family Favorites

1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 c. green onions, chopped
1/2 c. celery, chopped
2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
3 slices of bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled, drippings reserved
1/2 lb. polish sausage, sliced
2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. chicken broth
6 oz can tomato paste
2 oz jar chopped pimentos, drained
2 T. ketchup
1 t. chili powder
1 1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
3 c. cooked riced

Saute green pepper, onions, celery and parsley in reserved bacon drippings in a skillet over medium heat until tender.

Stir in bacon, sausage and next 7 ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over cooked rice. Serves 4.

4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy. Might have to try it sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh Sandra, everything looks so delicious. I think I just gained ten pounds from looking!! I especially love the look of these beans. They look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in the south and ate Red Beans and Rice a lot. But since I live in MI I haven't had them in a long time. Sounds good.....Kae

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so yummy! I'm going to link to it from my blog. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...