Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Baked Stuffed Tri-Tip

So here's tonight's dinner. I still have a ton of meat in the freezer so I have to get creative when it comes to making things that I would usually just roast in the oven or stove top.

One of my favorite things to eat is stuffed Pork Tenderloin, I don't even care what kind of stuffing, I just love it, and it might be because I find Pork to be an extremely tasty meat without having to add much to it at all.

So, Tri-Tip, stuffed with bread cubes, onion etc. You could totally make up whatever filling you want, but I decided to keep it easy and went with another recipe from the old cookbook.

Baked Stuffed Tri-Tip

Baked Stuffed Tri-Tip

2 lb Tri-tip
2 cups cubed bread
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste
garlic clove, sliced
chives

In a medium bowl combine the bread, butter, onion, salt and pepper and chives, combine well.

Baked Stuffed Tri-Tip

Cut the Tri-Tip in half, not all the way through so that you can open it and lay it out like a big rectangle.

Place the bread mixture in the middle and spread it out over the meat. Roll up carefully using toothpicks to close and keep the filling inside.

Baked Stuffed Tri-Tip

Make slashes on the meat and insert the garlic slices.

Baked Stuffed Tri-Tip

Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 2 hours or until meat is tender.

Baked Stuffed Tri-Tip

At this point, I like to unwrap it and pop it back in the oven for a few more minutes just to get nice and brown.

Baked Stuffed Tri-Tip

Remove the toothpicks, slice and serve immediately.

Baked Stuffed Tri-Tip

1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds yummy, and I'd like to try it, but what kinf of meat is Tri-Tip? Never heard of it before. :(

    ReplyDelete