Saturday, October 01, 2011

Peanut Butter and Nutella Popcorn

Well it's been one of those days, you know the ones where the weather is kinda yucky outside and you're sitting at home relaxed, crocheting and watching chick flicks on the Hallmark Channel........and then you get a craving for a snack but don't quite know what you want?

Peanut Butter Nutella Popcorn

The kids asked for Popcorn, so I made them some, homemade not the microwave kind (not that there's anything wrong with that, I keep it at home too), and after filling up their bowls I realized that I wanted some but not plain, it needed a kick, needed some umph!

Peanut Butter Nutella Popcorn

So I grabbed a small pan and whipped up a quick sauce to pour over, don't ask me where it comes from because I can't for the life of me remember when I first learned how to make it, it's been THAT long, funny enough, I just noticed the other day that the peanut butter popcorn seems to be all over pinterest and food blogs lately :)  Great minds and all that :)

I use this sauce for all sorts of combination, I've made plain chocolate, plain caramel, white chocolate and I've even made one with just a mixture of chopped nuts.  (so good).

Peanut Butter Nutella Popcorn

But today, I decided to kick up the plain peanut butter with nutella.....Lordy sometimes I should be restrained from the kitchen  because I can't stop eating it and I'm afraid by the time my hubby gets home from weekend duty, the only thing he'll find is an empty pan and a wife with a stomach ache.

Peanut Butter Nutella Popcorn

Peanut Butter and Nutella Popcorn

Popped popcorn (it's really best if you pop your own, and if you do, about 1/4 cup should do it)
1/2 cup sugar (when I want just caramel I change this to brown sugar)
1/2 cup honey (you can use Karo syrup too)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup nutella spread

In a small pan, bring the sugar and honey to a boil, stir for a few, I don't really pay attention to how long, I just bring it to the boil and then stir for a few seconds while it bubbles. Remove from the heat and add in the peanut butter and the nutella and stir well until melted and well incorporated.

Pour over the popcorn and quickly fold everything together. Be careful because the sauce is really hot and I burned myself I don't know how many times. It's the one process of making flavored popcorn that I have yet to master LOL

Once the popcorn is coated well, turn it out onto a sheet of parchment paper, I just lay a big sheet on the counter and pour it onto there, I used to try the baking sheets but always ended up with too much popcorn and not enough baking sheet so a mess everywhere.

Peanut Butter Nutella Popcorn

Push it down slightly to spread it and then let it sit until it sets. It won't take long at all, I actually like popping mine in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes. *drool*

Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Nutella Popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment