Sunday, January 13, 2008

Carne a Braz! - Pork Braz style!

This is one of those meals that the possibilities are just endless. You can use leftover fish, chicken, steak or pork or whatever.

I've made it many ways before, but last night I used some pork chops that I had sitting around, you know how it is, you have to cook them before they go bad.

It's super easy and so good.

Leftover pork, fish, chicken or steak, cut into small cubes. 1 large onion thinly sliced olive oil salt and pepper to taste garlic powder 1 bay leaf 6 eggs Thin cut fries (the way I learned how to make it was actually making the fries at home, but nowadays who has time for that....so I used the thin frozen ones.)


In a large skillet, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom, then add the sliced onions and some black pepper

Salt to taste

And the bay leaf

Garlic powder to taste

And a little more olive oil

Nothing like the smell of onions and garlic frying on the stove top

Take the pork chops and cut them into bite size. Or whatever leftover meat you're using.

Add them to the skillet and give them a good stir


Let everything cook together for a few minutes, until the meat is brown and cooked through

Bake the fries in the oven according to package. I used about half a bag.

When the meat is cooked and the fries are ready, add them to the skillet and stir it all up

Now add 6 beaten eggs to the skillet and start stirring....we want to have scrambled eggs, not a frittatta ok? LOL


Keep stirring until the eggs are cooked

VOILA! It's soooo good. Sprinkle some parsley on top and you're ready for dinner. Just wait until you taste it, it's good and it's filling. My kids love it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks really good. I'm sure my family would love it. I'll have to give it a try.

    Stacy

    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/AussieinAmerica

    ReplyDelete