Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mashed Potatoes and Carrots!

One of my favorite side dishes from my childhood is mashed potatoes with carrots. I don't know if my stepmom did it so that we would eat our veggies without complaining, but whatever the reason it worked. To this day it's one of my favorite things to make with my Chicken Fried Steaks.

It's so so easy, if you can make mashed potatoes, then you can make this.



Start by boiling your potatoes, add in some sliced carrots and some salt.

When the potatoes and carrots are tender, remove them from the pan and into a serving bowl.

I then add 4 tablespoons of butter. You can add as much as you want, really, I've added a LOT more before, but who's checking right? LOL

Next goes in some salt and pepper. I use a potato masher to mash everything up, but I also like throwing it in my food processor and REALLY mooshing it up LOL

Stir in some milk and continue mooshing (LOL I'm sorry but I like that word) until nice and creamy and fluffy.

Mmmmmmmm.........now I am really in the mood for some chicken fried steak and some mashed potatoes with carrots.

4 comments:

  1. You blog made me salivate on my keyboard..




    AWESOME read!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents used to do that to hide the carrots, too! I'd never heard of anyone else doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have done this with steamed broccoli too. I will try the carrots tonight! I have a whole chicken in the crock pot so this side would be perfect thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I made the dish and told my veggie fearing six year old that is was cheese that made it orange. She ate it all! Thank you!
    P.S. I added a couple of pats of cream cheese to the potatoes since I had it on hand.

    ReplyDelete