Friday, January 18, 2008

Sandra's Fettucine Alfredo!

You know when you have one of those crazy days and you're running around and jut don't have the patience and time to be in the kitchen cooking???

Well that's when I make my Fettucine Alfredo, it's fast and I just use whatever I have on hand. If I have the time on my hands, I'll do the whole heavy cream for the sauce etc, but I found a shortcut around it using cream of mushroom soup, for those days that I want to be in and out of the kitchen as fast as I can.

*************************

Sandra's Fettucine Alfredo



Olive oil
Diced Ham (you can also use bacon, chicken or sausage, whatever you have on hand)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
garlic powder
salt and pepper
Milk
Parmesan Cheese
Cooked Fettucine Noodles (Again, I use whatever I have on hand, any noodle will do)


Cook the noodles according to package.

In a large skillet, add the olive oil, onions, diced ham, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Give it a good stir and let it cook for a few minutes.

Add the can of mushroom soup

Next I add a little bit of milk, not much, just eyeball it, you want to end up with a nice creamy sauce

Oh yeah, that looks perfect. Let it simmer for a few minutes.

Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

In the meantime, drain the noodles.

Add the sauce to the noodles


Stir everything together and then sprinkle some parsley and some more parmesan cheese over the top. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This looks AWESOME Sandra! I am going to make it tonight! Yum! I have all the ingredients except the sour cream, but I am going out in this single digit weather (do you miss it?) to go to CVS and I think they have it there!

    I'll let you know what I think! Looks great!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Oh! That was milk, not sour cream! Then I have all the ingredients :)

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for tea tonight....YUM! And so quick and easy. Thank you for another family winner.

    Sharon
    Western Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new template. What an awesome kitchen. Is it yours?

    ReplyDelete