Saturday, December 06, 2008

Apple Bread!

I love this recipe, it's one I use a lot during the cooler weather. The cake is moist and full of flavor and great on it's own, but I like to eat mine with some whipped cream cheese. YUM!


APPLE BREAD
 
1-1/3 c. all purpose flour 
3/4 t. baking soda 
1/2 t. salt 
1/2 t. cinnamon 
1/2 t. ground cloves 
1/2 c. oil 
1 c. sugar 
2 eggs 
1 t. vanilla extract 
2 apples, cored, peeled and chopped 
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional) 
1/2 c. raisins (optional) 
 
 
Combine first 5 ingredients; set aside.Mix together oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.Add apples, nuts and raisins;stir in flour mixture, blending well. 
 

Pour into a greased and floured 9"x5" loaf pan; bake at 325 degrees for one hour. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

 

4 comments:

  1. Sandra, I read your blog quite frequently...found it while "blogging" the net. I will be trying your apple bread recipe, sounds delish. Santa is to bring me a new camera....do you mind telling me what brand you have. Your pics are always so sharp and clear. Thanks. Glenda in MS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try and plus we finally have some cooler weather to turn the oven on...hurray :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do the apples have to be granny smith?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete