Monday, December 15, 2008

Easy Stuffed Peppers!

We love stuffed peppers here but usually I don't have a lot of time to make them, so I always turn to this quick and easy recipe that I cooked up one night.



EASY STUFFED PEPPERS

4 green peppers
1 lb maple sausage
1 small onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
salt and pepper
garlic powder
paprika
1/2 cup wine
1 1/2 cups cooked rice

In a skillet, cook sausage until brown, add the seasonings, the tomato and the wine. Simmer for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it and add a little water if it gets too dry.


In a pot bring the peppers to a boil, cook for about 6 minutes or until tender but you don't want them mushy or too soft....make sure there's still some bite to them.


Cook the rice separately, then in a big bowl, mix the rice with the meat mixture.


Stuff the peppers and sprinkle with shredded cheese, spread the remaining rice on the bottom of a baking pan, place the peppers on top and bake in a 375º oven until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I love stuffed peppers, I've never tried the boiling method for the peppers though. That sounds like it would get dinner to the table sooner, I'll have to keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be making this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See now I could kiss you~ :)

    I LOVE stuffed bellpeppers

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Yum ,I have all the ingredients this is dinner tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete