Saturday, December 06, 2008

Crockpot Steak Burritos!

These burritos are SO good. Just pop all the ingredients into the crockpot and 8 hours later you have the juiciest, most tender flavorful meat for Burritos.

I got this recipe from my Taste of Home Cookbook. Because it calls for flank steaks and those are pretty pricey, I ended up going with a different cut of meat. I used Round Steak instead but I'm sure a good cut of roast would work great too. Nowadays I have to go for what's inexpensive.

I didn't use all the meat, I kept about 2 cups for the following night's recipe which was a Flaky Beef Pie. So good!

http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps12147_SCZ960351D49.jpg
Crockpot Steak Burritos

Ingredients:


  • 2 flank steaks (about 1 pound each)
  • 2 envelopes taco seasoning
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
  • 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup sour cream

Directions:

Cut steaks in half; rub with taco seasoning. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with onion, chilies and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Remove steaks and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through.


Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, tomato and sour cream.


Fold ends and sides over filling. Yield: 10 servings.

3 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! I'll be trying these for sure!!!!

    :)Rachel

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, this looks GREAT, but I have to ask- what do you do with the left overs? It's just my husband and I so when i use my 6 qt crock pot, I end up freezing about half and pull it out again in a couple weeks. Is that what you do with your leftovers. It looks so yummy, maybe you NEVER have leftovers!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I can't wait till we try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete