Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Saucy Meatloaf!

I got this recipe from one of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks....the meatloaf is wonderful, so tasty and moist. Just perfect.


SAUCY MEATLOAF



1-1/2 lbs. ground beef (I used turkey)
1/2 c. quick cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1-1/2 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 c. tomato juice
1 egg


Combine all ingredients; mix well.  Pat into an ungreased loaf pan; pour sauce on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours; let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Makes 8 servings.


Sauce:
Stir all ingredients together; mix well.

6-oz. can tomato sauce
3 T. vinegar
2 T. mustard
3 t. brown sugar, packed
2 t. Worcestershire sauce


4 comments:

  1. Gooseberry Patch has some really good recipes. This looks like a good one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty much how I do the topping for my meatloaf. We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, will try it tonight. Thanks. Cute profile picture.

    ReplyDelete