Meat Lovers Lasagna
I didn't get many pictures today, my camera is acting up and I'm freaking out already thinking that it's about to go out on me and buying a new one is not exactly in the budget for now.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 c. marinara sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 30 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 box lasagna noodles (about 9), fully cooked and drained
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Dice bacon and fry until crisp in a large skillet. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to drain and pour off grease. Add ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic to the skillet. Cook until done, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Stir in marinara sauce and reserved bacon.
2. In a bowl, stir together ricotta, eggs and Parmesan cheese until combined.
3. Spread a fourth of the meat mixture into the bottom of the dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Top noodles with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, then meat, then 3 more noodles. Repeat until done, ending with a meat layer on top. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
4. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit at least 5 minutes before cutting.