Monday, January 04, 2010

Samburgers!

I first came across this recipe in the Family Fun magazine, but just like so many others I find, I clip and set aside and then forget about them. They end up in my big folder of recipes to try, how sad, there are some in there from years ago which reminds me I need to go through them all and organize/toss/try etc.

Anyway, here is a quick and easy recipe for some delicious juicy burgers, it got thumbs up from the family.

2010_01020013

SAMBURGERS

1 ¼ lb. ground beef
3 Tbsp. A1 sauce
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. Kosher salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
¾ tsp. dry oregano
1 Tbsp. dehydrated onion

Combine ingredients. If you want big burgers, shape into 4 patties, I used 2 lbs of ground beef and made 8 burgers.

2010_01020001

Grill for about 7 minutes on each side over medium. I didn't have charcoal in my grill so I used my griddle which I've done before to make other burgers and they always turn out wonderful.

2010_01020002

I like toasted buns (haha) so I do that while the meat is grilling. If you want cheese on your burger, and we always do, place it on top of the patties about 2 minutes or so before they're done cooking.

2010_01020008

When done just place on your toasted buns (I can't say this without laughing today haha) and add whatever toppings you wish. I like grilling some onions on the griddle at the same time the patties are cooking. Delish!

2010_01020014

7 comments:

  1. These look really flavorful and yummy! I'll have to add them to MY overstuffed binder filled with recipes which rarely gets organized. (i.e. you are not alone!)

    Sherry

    http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look AMAZING... They look so juicy and moist. I'd love to turn that into an inside-out burger recipe... I bet it's one of the few truly moist burger recipes that would work beautifully as inside-out burgers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these just look and sound fantastic. I'm going to work them into our rotation this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look awesome! Going to copy that recipe for sure. I have an electric griddle like that too and I remember when I got it thinking... where has THIS been all my life?

    The grilled onions are a GREAT idea... and the toasted buns... my buns are frozen right now LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these sound amazing! i will be making them for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to make these...They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these last night and they turned out so yummy. The meat was so flavorful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete